April 9, 2009

Holy Week

So Kim and I are doing something this year that neither of us has ever done before.  We are going to holy week services.  Tonight we are going to Duke Chapel for Maundy Thursday or Holy Thursday service and tomorrow night we are going for Good Friday service.  Maundy Thursday is done to remember the passover meal with the disciples, the washing of the feet, the betrayal of Jesus by Judas, and the events of the Garden of Gethsemane so I'm not really sure what to expect from this.  Good Friday services, I'm told, are very somber as they remember the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.  My hope for this service is that the somberness of focusing on Jesus' death will give me an even greater appreciation of what happened on Easter Sunday.  I plan on writing about my experiences with the two services, but I would encourage you to try to find a service in your area that you can attend to, I think it will be worth your while.

No comments: