February 25, 2009

Lent

I'm not if you observe Lent or not, but it's something I've been trying to observe over the last several years or so.  Sometimes I'm really sucessful and sometimes not, but I usually try.  I often have a hard time deciding what to give up because I want it to be a sacrifice, but I want something to motivate me.  This year was easy.
Blood:Water Mission (an organization I am very big on) put out the challenge to drink only water during Lent and take the money you would have normally spent on other drinks and donate it to help build wells in Africa.  I'm not telling you this to brag about what I'm doing for Lent, but to encourage you to give this a try.  Heck, even if you don't decide to do this for Lent, at least consider donating money to such a wonderful cause.




On a side note to Jace: The last time Duke scored 100 in a game was 12/17/07 against Albany (111-70) and the last time they scored 100 against an ACC team was 02/20/05 against Wake Forest (102-92).

1 comment:

Mobile Minded said...

I can always trust you with the stats...

I'm pretty sure "statistics" is your Spiritual Gift.