August 31, 2009

Best game ever!

So, Saturday night, Kimberly and I took in our last Bulls game before we leave the country. It was the Bulls vs. the Gwinnett Braves and they were in a tie for first place in the division coming into the game.

The Braves jumped out to an early 6-1 lead, but the Bulls brought it back to within 2 runs (7-5) to start the bottom of the 9th. With 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and a full count, Reid Brignac hit a shot that just cleared the right field fence and tied the game up at 7-7.

The game continued like this until the top of the 14th when the Braves scored 2 runs off of Bulls infielder, Ray Olmedo. In the bottom of the 14th, the Bulls loaded the bases, then cleared them on Jon Weber's game winning double.

The game lasted over 5 hours and was easily the most exciting game I have ever witnessed in person. What a way to see my final Bulls game! I only wish everyone else I know could have been there.

No comments: