August 28, 2009

The Last Day

On February 8, 2006 I began working at my current job. Today, on August 28, 2009, I am entering work here for the last day. It's definitely started off as a day of mixed emotions. Initial mood when I got out of bed was one of excitement, because I can finally rest and relax for a little while before Kimberly and I leave the country. I thought that excitement would be the overriding emotion for the day...I was wrong.

This morning as I'm pulling into work, I'm remembering the very first day I drove to work here. The nervousness at the new job, meeting new people, etc. The excitement because I finally had a job after searching for a month. Then I started to think about all the changes that have happened in the 3 1/2 years that I've worked here.

I've gotten married, made new friends here at work, got a new position, seen friends leave from work. I also think I've matured quite a bit in my time. I'll miss the friends that I've made here, but the experiences from this job are what's going to stick with me the most.

The one impact I hope to have had during my time here is that I've earned the respect and friendship of everyone I've worked with.

Goodbye.

1 comment:

Black Mesa Publishing said...

Hey Nick, cool blog -- very real, you know? I read your profile and it says you like sports trivia -- check out my blog, I think you'll like it! Keep up the blogging -- you do it really well.