April 2, 2008

Babies

Contrary to popular belief I don't have a problem with babies. I know I've put off this image that I don't like babies and that I'm terrified of having a baby, but it's just not true. I probably do it to keep people from asking me when me and Kim are going to have a baby. Hopefully this Peace Corp thing will calm the questions down a little.

My real problem is that people expect me to have a baby when I haven't even begun to fully enjoy my current life yet. I've been married for almost 2 years and it's been amazing, but there's so much more. Also, I'm just getting to the age where I can go places pretty frequently, explore the country that I live in, learn new things. I just don't think that would happen if I had a little kid to take care of right now.

I know people who when they get out of college and get married, the first thing they want to do is procreate. And being that I went to a small, Christian college, this is a very popular thing to do. I just can't get past the fact that I think they are limiting their lives and potential. I'm sure they love being parents and are probably great parents, but don't think it would have been more fun to enjoy life for at least a couple of years first?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do what God wants you to do. There will be time for babies. Keep up the good work.

bob