April 14, 2008

Da Bulls

Last night Kimberly and I attended our first Bulls game of the season. We only stayed for the first 5 innings (it was bitterly windy and chilly), but I later found out that we saw all of the runs scored for the game. The Bulls defeated Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees (formerly Phillies) 2-0.

The Bulls don't look especially hot this season on the offensive side. They did get the job done in the 5th last night, scoring both runs and finally knocking Kei Igawa out of the game. I didn't even realize that it was Igawa pitching until we were listening on the radio after leaving the game. But other than those 2 runs it was pretty sad for them. At least 4 guys I saw for the Bulls had a sub-.200 batting avg. I understand it's early on, but one guy who's been playing the entire year had an OBP of .100!! All you have to do is at least draw a walk every 10 times to the plate to get that.

They'll get better I think, though they just lost their best player to Tampa Bay (Evan Longoria). Remember that name, he's goooooood! I don't think you could forget that name...he sounds like he would be Eva Longoria's twin brother, but no relation. Baseball season has started in Durham!

No comments: