May 29, 2008

Asheville, NC

Kimberly and I went to Asheville (well, really Hendersonville, NC) this past Saturday through Tuesday for a mini-vacay to celebrate our anniversary. We had a great time seeing the beautiful scenery and just relaxing. I'm realizing more and more that the city is not for me. I just feel more at ease when I'm in a smaller town than I do when I'm in the city. There's just too much going on in a city...but I digress.

We went to the Garden Jubilee Festival in downtown Hendersonville on Sunday that was pretty much a mini market for people's plants. It was nice though and Hendersonville has a very charming little downtown. Ate at a Cajun restaurant that was delicious! Went to a $2 showing of Horton Hears a Who. It was very worth it; a very funny movie that has a great message and actually didn't ruin the book that I know and love.

Monday was all about the Biltmore Estate. It was the first time that I had ever been there and I was in love. The place is gorgeous and massive. It was built in 1895 and has 43 bathrooms! At that time most houses didn't even have one indoor bathroom. After viewing that we walked through the massive garden. Then, it was on to the Farm and Winery. We drove 4 miles from the Estate to the Winery, and stayed on the property! Toured the Winery and tasted the wines. I just don't have the taste for wine...I find it thoroughly disgusting. It burns the throat and dries out your mouth and doesn't have any desirable taste.

Tuesday we went to the Arboretum in Asheville. It was beautiful, but kind of hot, so I don't remember much about it. We then left there and continued home. It was a great vacation and it was nice to see some parts of NC that I haven't seen much of in my life. Here's a link for some of the pictures from our trip to Asheville.

Asheville

No comments: