May 19, 2008

Weddings...

Weddings are a great place to meet up with old friends and to make some new ones. My brother got married this weekend. It was a really nice time hanging out with everyone for a few days. Saw lots of Emmanuel College people (although most were my own family). All in all there were 23 current and former attendees of Emmanuel College and over half were my family members. Even saw a good friend of mine (Greg Dixon) who I hadn't seen in 4 years. Found out he's been scarring the minds of youth for over 4 years now as a youth pastor. God bless him for being able to put up with that.

Kim got to meet more of the Alabama McBrides and surprisingly, she loved them. They didn't scare her too much. Honestly, I hadn't seen some of them since my grandmother died 12 years ago so that was a really nice treat for me as well.

But on the wedding end of it, it all went well...I didn't pass/black out, although it was burning up in the church. They both said yes, and the wedding was nice. I do have some serious issues with some traditions in weddings, which I won't air out here. Probably why Kim and I cut out most of them. Also, Kim and I still hold the record for the shortest non-courthouse wedding as far as we know (this one was about 25 minutes).

No comments: