June 10, 2008

Google Maps

So, I have what some would consider a love affair with Google Maps. I think it's the coolest invention since baseball. There are endless things you can do and see with the maps. You can do a satellite view and zoom in on the top of your house. Or if you're lucky enough to live one of a few select cities, you can look at an actual streetview picture of your entire city...frame by frame.

Another really cool tool is the ability to create your own information to put into a map. A good example of this is a map that I created of mine and Kim's trip to Atlanta during Christmas of 2006. I've posted the map below so you all can take a look. I like to think it tells a story of our vacation. It also is helpful for anyone who has never visited the city and is considering it.

You can navigate around the map by clicking on the icons and zooming in out and on the left hand side. Have fun!


View Larger Map

No comments: