November 21, 2008

Let it snow!

This morning we got our second snow of the season, last Tuesday was the first.  I think (and I could be wrong because I don't remember the early years of my childhood) that this is the earliest snow I've ever seen.  Back when I was in Boone, we had snow on Thanksgiving weekend, but we've never to my knowledge had snow here before Thanksgiving.

Granted it didn't stick Tuesday or this morning, but it's still snow and still beautiful.  Also, just to let anybody who is unfamiliar with the area know, this weather is highly unusual.  Not only do we not see snow before Thanksgiving, but we rarely even see snow before the New Year.  I hope it keeps up though, it would be nice to have a white Christmas my last one here for a while.

1 comment:

Mobile Minded said...

I, too, cannot remember a snow in GA before the New Year. It was beautiful this morning with quarter size snow flakes falling heavily to the ground.