November 18, 2008

Torches Together

Why burn poor and lonely under a bowl
Under a lampshade or on the shelf
Aren't you unbearably sad?
Then why burn so poor and lonely?

We'll be like torches
We'll be like torches
We'll be like torches together! Torches together
We'll be like torches
We'll be like torches


I'm not sure if anyone here has heard Mewithoutyou before, but if not then you must.  They are certainly different, but they have amazing lyrics.  I don't know if this is what the song means, but it always makes me think of Romans 12:4-5 where it talks about the church being one body.  Sure we can do good things alone, but imagine if we all worked as one!  We could do great things, if churches would start acting like The Church and not businesses competing against each other.  I realize that many churches are doing this, my hope is that ALL churches will do this.

1 comment:

Mobile Minded said...

Solid band and an even more solid description of the song Torches Together. I agree that too many churches still pursue the industry as a business instead of a partnership. But slowly more and more churches are coming together and creating ridiculously successful networks. I hope to one day be apart of something so great and awesome, too!