November 3, 2008

NCAA football playoffs (Week 3)

Georgia disappointed so they are out, probably for good. Utah squeaked out a victory over New Mexico. Tulsa lost to Arkansas (is that Arkansas' first Div. 1-A win this year?). Texas lost, but I still think is very, very good. Texas Tech impressed with their defense.

On a side note, I wish I could put Appalachian St. into this bracket (technically I can since it's my bracket), because they really impressed this weekend. They beat conference rival Wofford 70-24. The quarterback Armanti Edwards was 17-19 with 364 yards passing! Not bad. But on the positive side, Appalachian State gets to play in a playoff. Actually it's only good for the other Division 1-AA teams because if this were like 1-A they would have already crowned App St. the champions for the 4th year in a row.

No comments: