July 22, 2008

The Dark Knight

I saw the Dark Knight yesterday afternoon with my dad and brother. My best assessment of the movie would have to be absolutely freaking ridiculous! The best movie I've seen since WALL*E and possibly better than it. Kind of long, but definitely action packed and actually had a little bit of a good message to it.

The Joker was trying to prove throughout the movie that people "when the chips are down" are evil just like him. The truth is, sadly, he's right. Maybe we're not evil like the Joker, but humans are self-preservationalists. We will do anything to protect our own interests when it comes down to it. We typically only do what is right when we know someone notices.

That's where only God can help. Only he can change our focus off of ourselves and on to others first. I know my heart and it's evil, I think bad stuff all of the time. Thankfully, I have a Savior who has stepped in to transform my heart.

I know I turned this small entry about a fantastic movie into a sermonette, but I really couldn't get over the spiritual aspects of the movie...even if it wasn't intentional.

No comments: