July 1, 2008

Reconnect...

Kim and I went and saw WALL*E last night with the family for Phil's 20th. Such a good movie! In case you don't know the premise, it's about a robot named WALL*E (Waste Allocation Load Lifter * Earth Class) that is cleaning up trash left by humans who deserted Earth 700 years before and falls in love with another robot sent to Earth.

What I felt was the main message of the film was about how we all want to be connected with someone else, whether it's a spouse, or a friend, or family. That's something that was instilled in us when we were created. A desire to be loved and to give love. I think connecting with people is very important, but I think most importantly when we have an honest, loving relationship with someone we begin mimicking the love of God. It's in community with people that we truly begin to understand God's love for us.

Get in a community with people! They will probably irritate you sometimes, they will probably confound you sometimes, but in those moments where you feel truly connected to them it will blow your mind.

1 comment:

Mobile Minded said...

I really want to see this movie Too! I was thinking about you when I was on top of the parking deck at the airport Phoenix.