July 9, 2008

The reason...

In small group the other day we were reading out of 1 Peter and picking out a verse that meant something to us and talking about it. I picked out 1 Peter 3:15 which says (and I'm doing this completely from memory, so it's a serious paraphrase) always be prepared to give people a reason for the hope that you have. Basically, when people see that there's a difference in your life and ask you about the difference, be ready to explain to them about the reason for the difference.

This prompted the small group leader to ask me if people can see a difference in me. I said I didn't know, he said he could see a difference. He doesn't see me at work where I don't think I act much different than anyone else. I don't encourage like I normally do, I'm sarcastic, I'm lazy. That's not Jesus' fault either, I think I've stopped allowing him to change my life. I think I got to a point where I said, I like this person and I stopped allowing him to work. As I was told by a pastor one time, "if you're not moving forward, you're probably moving backwards."

Lord, make me willing and accepting of your change in my life. I'm supposed to mature in my walk with you just like I mature in life...it's a neverending process.

No comments: