January 7, 2009

2008 Bowl Season

This year I've seen an unusually high number of bowl games and I have to say, some were entertaining but most have stunk.  Some of my favorites were:
  • Boise St./TCU (Even though I was pulling for Boise St.)
  • W. Virginia/UNC (Great game, great outcome)
  • Iowa/S. Carolina (Just funny to see Spurrier stomping up and down the sidelines)
  • Miss/Texas Tech (Shocking game)
This being said however, most were uninteresting, and I have to say it's the match-ups.  I cannot stand arranged match-ups in specific bowls.  For years people have been talking about how good USC is and how good the SEC is, but the two never meet.  That's because they would have to meet in the championship game or not at all.  For the past 3 years USC has abused 3 different Big Ten teams in the Rose Bowl.  Enough with the crappy bowl games!!!

No comments: