January 23, 2009

5 Years From Now

So this May is officially 5 years since I graduated college and I was thinking about the question that you always get at the end of college, "what do you think you'll be doing in 5 years?"  I don't remember what my response was, but I can guarantee you it wasn't what I'm actually doing.  I thought I probably would be finishing up grad school, dating Kimberly, and probably preparing for my first real job.  Instead, I'm living in Durham still, working a job that doesn't pay much more than the ones I had in college, and I am married.

Things don't always work out like we expect them to or believe that they should.  That's not to say that life will be bad, mine is far from it but plan for the unexpected.  I have a job (that's more than most can say right now), I have a wonderful church family, I have the hope of a future in the Peace Corp, and I have an amazing wife.  Sometimes we get into the mindset that since we planned well that our plans for our life must be God's plans for our life.

God I want to have the confidence in your plan, no matter what that may be for my life, and even if it conflicts with my plans for my life.

2 comments:

Mobile Minded said...

for some reason i think my feeds are not working...try deleting my feed from your reader and subscribe again at my site...something fishy....

Mobile Minded said...

as to your post...

good thoughts...

things don't always happen the way that we inevitably prepare for them, i've learned its a part of the miraculous thing God calls faith...he allows twists and turns along our "merry" way in order to mold us into the individual he desires us to be. So what if you're not doing what YOU thought you would be doing 5 years ago. God's got you right where HE wants you...