August 22, 2008

Bad things happen

it floods! I know that's not the original saying, but it much more applies to my life right now than, "when it rains, it pours." Have you ever noticed though, how things are going great and you get something that's not so good? You probably shake it off and say, things are going to be alright, but then something else hits...and it's worse. And then another thing, and they get progressively worse. It's like the song, "Anything you can do, I can do better."

This is my life in the last 24 hours, it's absurd. Yesterday, Kim came home and told me her doctor's appointment cost a little more than expected. No big deal, it wasn't too much and we have a little extra. Then she tells me the doctor recommended she come back in later and get something checked out. My worry meter starts increasing, but I sit back and realize that God will take care of us like always. This morning I go out to leave for work, start the car, pop it in reverse and it knocks off. This is not unusual as it knocks off in this manner every so often. This time though, it wouldn't restart. I'm not stressing, I promise! Then I get to work, and I'm checking the account online to see what's gone through the bank, etc. I spot this out of place transaction for an obscene amount of money. An obscene amount of money that Kim and I don't have, especially now that someone else has it. Are you kidding me?!? Is God playing some kind of cruel joke on me and Kim? Is he punishing us for being good with our finances? for tithing? for giving to charity?

I will trust that God will take care of things. It's very difficult for me to do, but it shouldn't be. We have been in more difficult situations before and God has provided and blessed on top of that. I know he will do the same here.

Matthew 6:34 - "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

No comments: