October 15, 2008

Camping adventure

This past weekend, Kimberly and I went camping.  It was not her first time camping and it wasn't my first time camping, but it was our first time together and it was an adventure.  Honestly, I'm not an outdoors kind of guy.  I would really love to be, but as of right now I'm not.  So I'm not very adept with working camping equipment.  I had a mildly hard time setting up my very own tent that I've had for 6 years or so.  The latern that someone let me borrow took about an hour to get lit and the stove that they let me borrow I never got to work.  We eventually bought a one burner stove, and that sort of worked.

I hope that my time in the Peace Corp will help increase my knowledge and comfortability with the outdoors, but in the meantime I'm taking it one little trip at a time.

No comments: