October 13, 2008

Silly moves

So I was watching the NLCS last night, and just to preface I'm pulling for the Philadelphia Phillies, but I wouldn't be upset if LA won...it really doesn't matter to me. That all changed last night.

I am a lifetime fan of baseball, I understand the unwritten rules of "you throw at me, I'll throw at you", but last night was ridiculous. Early on in the game, Jamie Moyer of the Phillies hit Russell Martin of the Dodgers with a pitch...it seemed innocent enough, but apparently there was history from Game 2. So, the next inning Hiroki Kuroda of the Dodgers throws a pitch over the head of Shane Victorino. Victorino clearly informs him that it's fine if he hits him, but go for below the neck, not his head. He eventually grounds out to end the inning and Kuroda runs over to say something to him, but Victorino ignores him (good move).

Next thing you know, Manny is screaming and yelling at Victorino, and the benches have cleared and the Dodgers look like they want a fight. They talked about how the Dodgers were trying inject some energy, but in my opinion they were acting ridiculous. I'm definitely pulling for the Phillies now!

No comments: